How to get A's in school! My top 12 tips to achieving A's in college! My personal college advice. LIKE & SHARE if you found this video helpful!
Top 10 College Mistakes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-bZ_lgWnBg
Reality check, getting an A in college is not easy and can feel almost impossible. However, there are many factors that affect your grade, some of which begin before class is in session. Hopefully you will learn something new from this video and have someone you can relate to with your struggles in school. Keep in mind this is just what has worked for me personally! Everyone has different learning styles and techniques. Feel free to ask questions in the comments and let me know which tip you will try!
When I was in school, I always wanted good grades because they equated to success. I always felt the pressure from my parents to do well in school and I always took it very seriously. Today, I realized that it is not the grade that matters the most, but what I was able to learn from the best of my abilities.
✔ Before school starts:
- Take classes you know you can pass!
ex: I am really bad at math, but I still attempted Calculus 1. Big mistake.
- Research your professors, match them to your learning style
- Plan accordingly, do not take too many units
(When I was struggling, I only took 12 units/quarter or 3 classes)
ex: general biology +lab, general chemistry +lab, general education)
- Attempt 4 classes if you feel confident.
- Sometimes lab classes can feel like extra classes.
- Buy a planner/ calendar
✔ When school starts:
Have the mindset of an A student
- Sit near the front
- Make 2+ study buddies, exchange contact information
- do extra credit if offered
- Do the homework assigned
- Skim the textbook before bed/before lecture
- Space out your studying, even 30 minutes/day of review helps!
- Stay well rested, (sleep seems to go away as the quarter/semester progresses)
✔ If you're still struggling:
- Ask questions
- Go to office hours
- Get a tutor
- Don't cram
- Fix your prioritizes, maybe you're focusing too much on something else. Don't put all your eggs in one basket if this one course is frustrating you. To get straight A's you need to allocate your time well to each class.
Connect with me
♡ INSTAGRAM: http://www.instagram.com/fashionbyally
♡ Official Facebook Page: http://on.fb.me/NadqnQ
♡ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/fashionbyally
♡ Subscribe to this channel: http://bit.ly/13oBk7c
► Business Email Only: fashionbyally(at)gmail.com ◄
Cash back on your textbooks & online shopping:
If you made it here, tell me your most difficult class this next school year!